Tuesday, March 6, 2012

From here to Paternity

On March 1st 2012 at 8.25am (the records show 8.24, but I know better!) my life changed forever and unlike quite often in the past, this time it was for the better, his name is Linus and he's our new baby.

It's been an intense week, without all the details, the birth process started on Tuesday 28th at around 4pm and then laboured on for the next 40 hours! The outcome was truly magnificent and both baby and his mum are doing great.

As a self employed chap I don't get the paternity pay, but I do get the chance to mould my hours to what my family may need me for, so no complaints from me there.

With the long labour and being a few days early it did throw off my Ebay schedule and a few parcels were delayed, the assault on the Ebay seller rating stars can be problematic and customers would be within their rights to mark us down for postage delays, however when I contacted those concerned they have all been brilliant. There are plenty of tales of how troublesome Ebay buyers can be, I've rarely found that, friendly, polite and engaging, it really can be a great community.

So for followers of our Facebook page, Ebay account or mailing list, here's a picture of my new boss!


1 comment: